April 07, 2010

Preachy Vegetarians

Now, let me get one thing straight: not all vegetarians are terrible people. I have a few friends and family that are (unfortunately). And besides, there are plenty of them out there that, for instance do it for religious reasons, or they find tearing into a carcass just plain nasty. It's not always an ethics thing. Some do it for dieting reasons, too. But these are the kind I hate: the preachy ones.

Now, I'm an atheist. I have my opinions, and sometimes I express what they are. They are mine, and mine alone. So, preachy vegetarians could learn a thing or two from my example: DON'T TRY TO CONVERT PEOPLE. Honestly, nobody cares THAT MUCH about your diet choice. I mean, to normal people, this is a conversation:

"*Some odd way to bring it up* ...So, you know, I'm actually a vegetarian."
"Oh, is that so? I didn't know. Cool, I guess."

But to preachy vegetarians, this is the conversation:

"BEHOLD, AS I BESTOW UPON YOU THE MIGHTY, AWESOME, KNOWLEDGE THAT IS MY, AND SOLELY MY ALONE, DIETING OPTION."
"Ho. Lee. Shit. TELL ME MORE, YOU MAGNIFICENT GOD OF A MAN, I MUST FELLATE YOU FOR YOUR REVOLUTIONARY, RADICAL THINKING!"

I mean, you don't even need to know what subject they're talking about, do you have any idea how rude it is to try and force your thoughts on somebody? Do you want me getting in your face about how there isn't a god? No, that wouldn't be nice, right? But it's perfectly acceptable for you to cram your lifestyle down my throat? No. Pick one.

Listen, I eat meat. It's delicious. I don't care if I'm chowing down on a decomposing once-organism, it's good eating, juices and all. It's where I get my protein. I hate eating nuts, I find them nasty. I once went three days without meat, and I nearly passed out, I was so deprived. I took one bite of a fatty, greasy, bacon, sausage, egg and cheese biscuit, and I felt like Chuck Norris.

You see, if you were one of these aforementioned people, you might get a little uncomfortable if I tried to convince you of this. This is why the tables are reversed.

And besides, if you try and argue with me about vegetarianism, prepare to be lambasted, moron. I've got days worth of material about why you're not any better than me. Are you or I necessarily right? No. But don't act like you're better than me, because you're going to get sent home crying for not preparing your rhetoric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? Please just try to spell and use proper grammar, etc.