February 16, 2010

Magazine vs. Clip

As you may gradually learn about me, I love guns. Granted I've never owned one or operated anything besides a shotgun, but I still know a hell of a lot about them.

And in today's modern world, "knowing a hell of a lot" about them could be counted as just one piece of common knowledge: it is a MAGAZINE, not a CLIP.

It doesn't matter how much time will pass since post-WWII (when authority settled on the name), people are still going to call it a clip.

"BUT AKoYo IT'S JUST A WERD, WHO CARE?" A great point that I've heard from many a dipshit. Except it's not. It's just a word, huh? Well you know what else it is? An insult. It's an insult to people with real knowledge on the subject. And by "real knowledge" I mean "doesn't base everything they know about guns from videogames". That's another thing I hate. this problem perpetuates because video game makers always misuse the term in FPS's, thus furthering people's stupidity. Anyway, it's an insult to call it a clip. A common analogy is "that it's like saying socks when you mean boots". No, not good enough. It's like saying "Negro" when all you mean is "black people". What, I shouldn't have said that? Well, back atcha.

"BUT AH LIK TEH WAY IT SOUNDZ, TAHTS Y I SAY IT". That's just plain wrong. Can I refer to my toaster as my "bread-crisper" because it sounds cooler? Can I call my cat the "four legs" because that's what it has? Can I call you a "little bitch" because...oh, wait, that's accurate. Never mind.

"BUT IS CALED TAHT CUZ OF TEH SOUND IT MAIKS GOIN INTO TEH GUN". No, NO IT'S NOT. I mean, calling it that because that's the sound...what? So, now everything has to be named as an onomatopoeia? Do I call my toast "Kralch" because of the approximate sound it makes when I butter it? Do you call the gun itself a "BANG"? Do you call a TV a "Welcome to the Home Shopping Network, you lonely miserable bastard"? Well...that would just be entertaining. But, really, nobody's this stupid.

"SO WAHTS TEH BIG DEEL WIT CALING IT TAHT, ANYWAY?" Because a clip and a magazine are NOT THE SAME THING. The terms are NOT interchangeable. A magazine is the part of the gun that houses the ammunition so it can be fed into the breech somehow, and ultimately be fired. For this purpose, it's spring loaded to make sure there's a round at the top of the magazine when it's still in there. A clip is a speedloading device that quickly puts ammunition into a magazine. It doesn't even (usually) stay in the magazine. So you're not even referring to the same thing if you call it a clip. I don't call my pants cheese, I don't call my curtains toilets, and I don't refer to that armchair as my ISP.

So don't continue to call it a "clip". It just makes you sound like the unintelligent, bumbling, lumbering, mouth breathing, neanderthal that you are.

Oh, and you know what's really unfair? How people who own handguns are allowed to call it a clip. NO, YOU SHOULDN'T. You should be launched into a brick wall, and then I'll take your gun, because why should your dumbass get to own a gun, and not me, when you don't even know what the hell you're talking about? Next person that calls THEIR magazine a clip, I'm going to beat them with it. Nothing a concussion can't fix.

Man, if I was president, there would labor camps and brainwashing seminars to address this very issue. Nobody would get it wrong, and if they did, TOO BAD, slave labor for life. You'll be working alongside the prison inmates. Using convicts for cheap labor...the one thing the Soviets got right. Why don't we put our bad guys to work? They're not good for anything else, and nobody wants them, make them build that new railroad system this country desperately needs.

You see that? If I was in charge, I would have already solved about 17% of the nations problems, in less than 20 minutes, no less. God, I hate humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? Please just try to spell and use proper grammar, etc.